Travel Agency Bankruptcy Insurance
This insurance protects travel agency customers in cases where the travel agency is unable to meet its obligations arising from the concluded travel agreement with the customer due to its bankruptcy. The obligation to be insured is imposed on travel agencies by Act No 159/1999 Coll., on certain business conditions in the area of tourism.
The travel agency is obliged to insure a bankruptcy guarantee, which gives the travel agency customer the right to indemnity in cases when the travel agency due to its bankruptcy:
- Does not provide repatriation to the customer
- Fails to refund the customer for the prepayment or price of the trip, including the price paid for a trip voucher in case of not realising the trip, or
- Does not refund the difference between the trip’s paid price and the price of the partially provided trip if the trip was only partially realised
- The travel agency mediating the associated travel services is obliged to arrange the bankruptcy guarantee insurance for all payments received from the customer. The travel agency is obliged to insure the customer’s repatriation only if it’s responsible for the transport
- In case of trouble, do not forget to the Global Assistance Service 1220 or the number from abroad +420 266 799 779